Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

Hola Familia,

Goodness, where does the time go? I mean that in regard to email time, as I only have a few minutes left, but mission time as well. I can't believe it's already September! I am starting to get a little emotional, coming up on my one-year mark. I don't like it one bit. I just keep telling myself that I'll be here forever and I won't have to ever stop being a missionary... it helps me keep working hard and staying focused.

This week has been good. It sounds like you had a VERY busy and full week! Sounds like a great time. J

Oh, just so you know, for my Birthday evening, we ate pork tostadas for dinner with the Reyes and afterwards went to visit a focus-15 family and they had a beautiful birthday pie for me! It was so sweet! 

Delicious!
Great day!
Celebrating with the familia Reyes
The celebration continues!

We didn't have much time to stay because we had other appointments, so we took it home and celebrated with the English sisters, who had a special little birthday celebration planned. All in all, it was a great birthday. They're so sweet! 
Delicious birthday pie!
Luis was baptized this last weekend! It was a great service and so many of his and Karla's family came!

Luis' baptism!
Luis, Karla, y las ninas

Luis, Karla, y Yo
We also had Zone Conference and focused a lot on member work, teaching simply, and being a presentable representative of the Lord. It was a great reminder of a lot of things I already knew, but have maybe gotten a little lazy on. 

Even though training is hard and tiring, it is great too. Hermana Bennett always helps remind me what it’s like to be a new missionary, full of energy and enthusiasm, and the importance of exact obedience. However, I have been quite tired lately, so she helps me with my energy too.

We've picked up several new investigators this week, so hopefully they turn out to be solid, progressing investigators. Well, I'm about out of time. Sorry I didn't say much this week. My brain feels a little fried. It's been hot here, but great.

Hermana Jones is down in Argentina! Did I mention that last week? She left on my birthday and I received an email from her today and some pictures. She's doing great!

Well, I love you so very much and I'll talk to you next week! Happy Labor Day!
Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante   
















No comments:

Post a Comment