Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, September 9, 2013

So Little Time!

Hi All!

Wow, I love the pics! Man, I have some darn cute nieces and nephews! Heck, the whole family is pretty darling J

Good to hear from Wes and Chris! Yes, Ariana did email me...twice! Papi and Susan too! As well as Rene and fam (recent converts) and some other fun peeps. I'm basically out of time already...I know, I'm sorry, but we're doing alright here in Esco Sucio.

We went Ice Skating today as a Zone Activity, so that was pretty fun. Though I forgot to bring my camera in to the rink, so I'm sorry but no pictures this week. It was also fun to get to know Hermana Adams a little more as well. We are "sisters", since we have the same trainer, so that's fun.

There have been some miscommunications and mix-ups in working with the ward and recent converts and members and a lot of the pressure I feel like is falling on me (even though it shouldn't) so I've been a little stressed, but we keep working.

Hermana Bennett and I work hard together and she helps me a lot. I can't believe we're almost done with training! I feel like she just got here! Well, actually, I still feel like I just got here. It's been good though and it will be fun to work even harder the next few weeks and then see where I go or if I stay here again (though I'll likely be transferred). It's been a good week though, setting baptismal dates, teaching, teaching, teaching, and of course, finding new investigators.

That's so fun that you got to clean the temple! I do miss the temple. We used to be able to go 4 times a year, but Presidente Kendrick changed it to just 3 times a year, as to not inconvenience members too much, which is understandable but still a little bit of a let down. I am definitely looking forward to going next transfer. I do miss the temple.

Well, I feel like a lot has happened, but it seems that I have run out of things to tell you...but I'm almost out of time anyway, so I'll just let you know that I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and your wonderful support and encouragement every week! I hope you have a great week and know that I love and miss you!

And I love the scriptures so much, it's a little ridiculous. Remember to study them and nourish yourself spiritually everyday, just as you do with food and water to nourish yourself physically J

Con amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante

P.S. Wes - I'm not getting trunky! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment