Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Happy Birthday!

Hey Familia!

Muchisimas gracias por el camera! Me encanta! Y el color especialmente. J
It's been a pretty good birthday so far. We went hiking as a district (though I did slip once and get a pretty cute bruise, but that's okay) and aside from getting lost and separated from half the district, it was pretty fun! Aside from that it's just been busy with regular p-day things, though we will eat with some members tonight, and then have an FHE with a partly active, partly inactive family afterwards, as well as a few other lessons with investigators, so it will be a busy day.

I'm actually about out of time, because I have been trying to email everyone back, saying thank you for wishing me a happy birthday and what not. Sorry. L Hopefully I can get a few things in.

Frist things first: Thank you Grandma for all your letters! I do love getting them, either by email or letter is fine. Just wanted to let you know that I do appreciate them and look forward to them every week! Love you Grandma and Grandpa!

I loved getting Ariana's gift! Elder Jones actually gave it to me during Stake Conference so I was a little confused and thought Ariana might actually be there...which was confusing. I loved her gift though, she's wonderful. And yes, Stake Conference was great. Elder Auna of the 70 was there and it was great - focusing on missionary work (of course) and temple work as well. I wish I had more time to write about it. Sorry.

I really only have a few minutes left and the biggest thing I want to say is that here on the mission I learning just how deceiving Satan truly is. We were contacting a man last night named Maricelo and no matter what we said, he just wouldn't listen. He would hear us...but he wasn't really listening. The saddest thing was that he was so insistent that there was no such thing as "truth". That all churches were good, and that was that. He compared it to music, that everyone has their favorite genre and no one has a right to tell you if one song is better than another. Oh, it was so sad. Satan is so good at deceiving people into thinking that being accepting of everyone and everything is the best thing we can do and that there is no truth. It is so sad because this man cannot see truth. He cannot accept that God loves us so much and that there is such thing as eternal truth, that does not change, nor will it ever, and that no matter what man does do to pervert the truth or take their own spin on it or whatever, it doesn't matter, because truth cannot change. I love the Gospel and I love the Book of Mormon which helps us find that which is true, and not just what someone finds as "they're style".

Well, I'm out of time. Karla's going great. I do love her and already promised to come back for her and Luis' sealing in a year. I love the gospel and I love these people.

Oh yeah, and I witnessed a drug deal yesterday. That's Escondido for ya...
Con amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante




No comments:

Post a Comment