Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, September 16, 2013

A Piece at a Time!

Sorry to be so late!

I was trying to catch up with emails again today and I almost caught up (but not quite), and now I don't have tons of time, but I still love you! I didn't get an email from Ariana this week, but that's ok. I think she sent me two last week and I know she's been super busy with work. I hope she can finally catch up some sleep! It makes me nervous that she's driving so much on so little sleep.
Mama, I'm glad you had a good birthday and a very lucky Friday the 13th!

(To be continued....)

  
Best of luck Lorena!
The last picture is with a young lady in the ward named Lorena, who just moved to go to school up in Northern California. She's super sweet! We'll miss her!

Continued....

Good to hear from the boys! I love when you make them write to me. J And, I do love my nieces and nephews and miss them dearly.

 And I was so happy to hear about Berta! I have actually tried writing her a couple of times, but haven't heard anything back...so if Michael knows any other way to get in contact with her I'd be thrilled, and I'd be MORE than thrilled to go to Peru with the group next summer!  ...as long as I can afford it.

That's so cool about Ariana! You should record it so I can watch her on TV when I get back! I'm so proud of her. She's so great! Tell Chris I've decided to do some voice acting with him when I get back, so he better have some projects for me to work on. Glad to hear that Wesley is doing so well. Send him my love!

Ok, onto the mish. J Things have been good here in Escondido. We have just really realized how much we need to work with the ward and the members, in order to prepare the ward to be ready to receive new converts. We are still having baptisms and things like that, but our retention is struggling, and even those who are active just need some more help in some areas. I really do love this ward. They are so great. I'm pretty bummed that I'll probably be leaving next week, but I'm sure Hermana Bennett and her new compy will do great with them!

This last Saturday we were able to go and pick oranges for service with Brother Fox (from the English ward, but we have lessons with Santiago at his home every week). They are so great - and it didn't even feel like service! It was just fun! We picked for a little bit, then washed and cut the oranges, then made orange Julius, and then they sent us home with homemade soup, fresh avocados, and of course, fresh oranges. It was a treat!
A new vocation?
Orange anyone?

 Our investigators are doing well. We went and had lunch with Karla and the girls and her sister today, so that was fun :) man, it's crazy how much I just love these people.

(To be continued....)

Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
…Tonight we will be having a Noche De Hogar (Family Home Evening) over in San Marcos and will be celebrating Luis' birthday as well, so that should be great fun!  

I was studying the Atonement this morning in Jesus The Christ and it makes me so grateful for the love of our Savior. I love these people here so much, and it's incomparable to the love He has for us, and of course, our Heavenly Father's love for us. Hermana Bennett and I have been working a lot on unity (something we don't always have), and it's helped us to have the Spirit so much more. I feel so spoiled being a missionary, because we can truly feel the Spirit so often and so strongly here on the mission. I strive to live my life in such a way that it can always be as such (Ether 2:15). 

Well, I'm about out of time. I love you. Sounds like you're still doing amazing, like always. I think I'm good for now...just a few pictures from home would be fun J and your love and prayers, por favor! I love and pray for you always! I know the Lord loves and cares about each and every one of us and I know that He is thrilled when we are obedient so that He may bless us (D&C 130:21) and pour His Spirit upon us!  

Con muchisimo amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante

Hermanas in Zion!

With Hermana Adams!

No comments:

Post a Comment