Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, October 7, 2013

So little time...

Well People,

I hope you're not going to be too upset at me. I've only a few minutes left. I know, I'm sorry. I received a lot of emails this week, but only responded to two actually - people that really needed my attention and time. Karla wrote me and is going through an extremely hard time and I spent the majority of my time writing her, trying to comfort and help her through her trials. I love her dearly.

Also, a dear friend and fellow missionary emailed me, who is going through a very difficult time, and I'm doing everything I can to help them. I've realized that things aren't going to get easier. Not here on the mission, nor in life. Things are just going to get harder and harder, but they will never be impossible and the Lord will never abandon us.

I'm here in Temecula, like I think I mentioned last week, but I think one of your many emails asked me again. Thank you for the pictures. They're darling. I'll try to send some more next week and resend the ones that didn't attach, though I don't think I'll have time this week.

Things are going slowly here in the work, but they are going and we are working hard. We have a few investigators, and are mostly focusing on Britanny and Don right now, so feel free to pray for them. Sorry if I mentioned this last week. I can't remember what I wrote, to be honest.

We were able to go to the temple last week, which was great, though a little strange as I'm not good with change and like you know, things are a little different ;) It was good though and it really helped with some of the challenges I've been having. Conference, of course, was wonderful. I was so grateful we were able to go to all of the sessions (minus Priesthood) and I just loved the talks. I went with specific questions and was able to get some specific answers, though not answers to all of them. For one or two of them, I received the peaceful feeling and answer of faith and endurance during this time of not having a perfect knowledge of things, because like the Book of Mormon explains, that is exactly what faith is (Alma 32:21, Ether 12:6).

President Uchtdorf was definitely my favorite talk, along with many others, but his really touched me and I felt it was exactly what I needed. This area has its difficulties and being in English is a new challenge, but I know that I’m here for a reason and I’ll be excited to find out what that reason is. I know part of it is for many of the single sisters in the ward. The elders weren't able to visit them and so they adore having us come over and a few of them have already won my heart and I feel so much love for them already.

We had exchanges already, and things went well. Hermana Painter came here and Sister Johnson went to Murrieta with Hermana Whicker. I'm grateful for the trust the Lord has in me to train, and I’m also grateful for the knowledge He has in NOT assigning me to be a Sister Trainer Leader. He knows me well J and knows that it might be a bit much for me right now.

Well, I'm out of time again. Sorry. I know you wanted more, but I love you and will (maybe) write more next week. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for your email! You're the best! Love you all! The Gospel is true. Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Fake it til you make it, and I promise you, you will make it.

Con amor,

Hermana Escalante

No comments:

Post a Comment