Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Week

Hi Mama, and Family, and Friends!

Sorry! Don't be mad but I'm out of time again this week. I love you though! I hope you got the pictures! And yes, I got the pictures from you without it jamming up the emails. Ariana has not written me, but I noticed she has two different emails so I forwarded my last email to her other email, in hopes that she would see it and respond, since I haven't heard from her in a few weeks.

I spent a lot of this week writing Karla, who is still struggling, but is still great. Don is doing just wonderfully! He knows he needs and WANTS to be baptized and is so happy and peaceful with the gospel in his life now! But he's still hesitant to pick a date for baptism. Keep him in your prayers. Thanks! 

Our ward had a trunk or treat this week, which was fun, and we got to judge the chili contest and cornbread contest, so that was fun. We are still trying to figure out how to help the members get out of their bubbles. It's not that they won’t share the gospel; it's just that all their friends are members, except maybe one or two who they have already invited before. It's a challenge in a comfortable place like Temecula, but it's still going well. We found a couple of new investigators this week with interesting situations, but we'll see how it goes. 

I have been a little bit sick, but I think it's just with the changing of weather, so hopefully it will pass soon, and I don't keep Sister Johnson up with my coughing. Tell Papi I got the package! Though I still haven't gotten anything from Grandma and Grandpa. I think mail is still being a little weird.

Oh, we had dinner this week with these two member ladies that reminded me so much of you mama, they were so great. I just wanted to hang out with them all night! Anyway, the work is good, and we're learning lots. The common theme we are finding this week is all these Christians we run into who think Jesus and Heavenly Father are the same being. They just quote John 1:1 at us and then think they're right. I just feel so bad for them because that would be so confusing to not understand our true relationship with our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.

One of the new investigators we found this week though was so relieved when we told him that that is what we believed. He was just overjoyed! He still claims Christian, but knows that Jesus and Heavenly Father can't be the same Being, so he was so thrilled to hear someone else tell him what he recognized as truth.

I have been having some wonderful studies in the Bible as of late, and wish I had more time to write more, but all the scriptures are wonderful. All of them. I love them all because they all testify of Christ and of the true nature of our Father in Heaven.

I love you loads and loads mama and I wish I had more time, but I don't. I'll try to write Wes...but we'll see if that actually happens. Where are MJ&D moving to again? SLC? Tell Chris to write me. I miss my brudder!

Ok, love you all. You're amazing. The gospel's true. It's all true. It's true, it's true, it's true! Love you!
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante


P.s. It's ridiculous how many people I run into that I know here in Temecula, either old members or in-actives or former investigators, or simply people I talked to before. It's funny and a little ridiculous. 
The Ladies of the Apartment!

Sister VillaseƱor and me

Playing Volleyball at Zone Activity (Sister Johnson, Hermana Sheffield, and Hermana Woodruff)


 "Hermana Sheffer"and me...I lover her!

Sister Johnson and I are so cute!

Drake with his Plan of Salvation drawing...that you can't really see :( the drawing spells out LOVE actually, it's pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment