Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Feliz Dia de los Padres!

Hi Everyone!
Sorry, I only have a few minutes again this week. I'm awful, I know. I have decided to not write anyone but immediate family for awhile so I had to write some people explaining why I wouldn't be responding to their emails or letters.  I have realized recently that I am to the point where I am a "good missionary" and I know how to do the work, but I know there is so much more I could be doing and I have so much more potential than I am showing. In order to completely focus myself on the work, I've decided to go on a 40-day fast of all the things that might distract me from the work - including writing anyone who is not immediate family. I really don't feel like the letters or emails are all that distracting or harmful in the least, but just like food and water aren't bad, it's much more about the sacrifice and the dedication, showing the Lord that I love Him and His work more than the things I will be giving up. I am sure that I will grow from this and become a far more dedicated tool in the hands of God and it will all be worth it.

It sounds like life is awesome in Utah and with the fam (wherever they might be in the world). I did receive Jilli and Jon's invite. It's on my fridge J they are so cute!

It sounds like Chrisser is doing amazingly and he is a fantastic missionary. I can always learn from the kid - he is so great.

I'm sorry to hear about Morgan's mama and will definitely keep her in my prayers. I am glad to hear she is doing well though. I hadn't heard from Ariana and Brudder for a while, but she just wrote me and I'll have more time to write her back next week. Yay! J

It has been a good week. We had intercambios with Hermana Schwegler and Hermana Gutknecht so I was in the northern part of Escondido for 2 days - fun stuff! One day with Hma Schwegs and the other with Hma Goots! I love Hma Schwegler. As soon as our intercambio started, we were in the car talking about how this is our bajillionth intercambio together and how she has seen me grow and we both started crying a little and it was precious and a little ridiculous J she's amazing though.

Hermana Sheffield and I are growing so much together and are both praying that we will both stay here together another transfer. We had such a great day yesterday! We taught so many lessons (ate 2 dinners - ugh) and ended it with teaching a very powerful lesson on the Restoration.

As a mission, we have really focused on personalizing the lessons according to their needs and desires. That is exactly what we did last night for this sweet, young girl (when I say young, I mean she was my age) and the Spirit was so strong, especially when we shared the experience of Joseph Smith when he saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. We were all crying and we invited Rosa to be baptized. She said yes, but we will talk with her about a date next week when we teach her and her fiancé together.

Well, I am out of time. We had a great Zone Activity today. The work is crazy great here in Dido. I love you and I love the Lord with all my heart.

Con amor,

Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante


No comments:

Post a Comment