Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, June 24, 2013

Big Changes Ahead!

Hi Everyone!

 I don't have a ton of time left, but that's ok, because I feel like there is way too much to tell that I don't even want to try. I love this work so much!  There is so much happening right now in Escondido; it's crazy. We just fill up our days with lessons so quickly that we don't even have time to find. If something falls through, we say a prayer to find someone ready, and we do. It just happens!

Yesterday, we had 15 minutes before our next appointment so we stopped by an apartment complex we had never tried before. We reviewed our goals, prayed, got out of the car, and accomplished our goals in 15 minutes...it was crazy! We literally got out of the car and someone walked out of their door that had met Hermana Sheffield before (I guess he used to live with a member a while back) and he just told us his day off and that we needed to come over. Jeez. It's so crazy, I feel like I can't even keep up with the work....

… Darn, I only have a few minutes left. What to say?!  Well, the baptism for Rene and Patricia in Temecula was wonderful! A member, Julian, and his daughter drove us up and it was so fantastic! Patricia started crying as soon as she saw me and couldn't even speak. Rene was so excited and humble and was telling me about how he is getting ready to receive the priesthood and how he goes to church every week, even when his mom isn't feeling well or Oscar doesn't want to go. He finds himself a ride and goes! He is so strong and will be such a great support and example to his family!

Hermana Sheffield is leaving me tomorrow! Can you believe it?!  Already!  We got jipped a week because most of the transfers are happening tomorrow at the mission conference and then we will have another transfer meeting next week to welcome the new missionaries and mission president.

Man... I'm almost out of time. We have been picking up investigators like crazy though, and we set another baptismal date yesterday with a man named Gabriel. Hermana Sheffield is super sad to leave, but hopefully she'll love her new area, whether it be in the new Irvine mission, or here.

Man, I'm already out of time! Well, the mission conference broadcast thing yesterday was amazing and I'm excited to see the new changes in the field. This work truly is inspired and really is that marvelous work that Isaías prophesied about (Sorry, I don't know how to spell it is English so I just went with Spanish).

Out of time.
Love you!

K, I just have a few minutes because we got our time extended and I wanted to respond to your letter because who knows how much time I'll have next week.

Yay! Congrats to Jilli! She is so darling J I'm so happy for her and Jon.

I don't know when they will start the church tours and the Internet changes, but I kind of hope that the internet rules change in our mission in 9 months... so that I don't have to deal with them, ha-ha! But whatever the Lord has happen, I guess will happen.

That's so fun that Ariana was in town! I didn't know, but good to know J I don't know who Todd and Becca Pope are, but cool. Sorry to hear about Sister Asplund, but that's cool about seeing the people in the Orchard Grove ward. Tell Rick that his daughter needs to write me so I can help keep her in line! But I guess that doesn't apply for the next little while anyway, since I won't be reading her letters even if she sends them ;)

Ok, I think I'm for real done now. Love you! I'll let you know next week about all the crazy changes and who my new companion is and changes in the zone and district and stuff and about the new president.

Love you!


Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante

Volleyball anyone?











No comments:

Post a Comment