Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's Almost Here!


Hola Familia!

So we will be calling around 4:30 California time...isn't that 5:30 Utah time? I'm not positive. I really don't know if we will be able to multi-skype, as I'm not sure what version of Skype la familia Vidal has. I'll probably call you on your cell phone before we call on Skype though, so no worries.

It sounds like you've had a great/busy week! (Like always). I am a bit jealous that you get to spend time with the Newells this week. Please tell them I say hello and love and miss them all dearly. I still can't believe Jilli is getting hitched! What day is it again? If they have any extra invitations, care to send me one? I want to see! :)

I'm glad to hear that Kirsten is doing well. Grandma sent me the article of the accident - how scary! How is Emily doing? What day does Landon leave again?

I just got a huge email from Ariana, but will be printing it off to read, so I'm not sure what it said. I thought it said something about maybe being able to Skype and being in Utah, but maybe her plans have changed since then. I hope Wes does well and loves being in the guard! But I guess I'll talk to him about that on Sunday. Last night I had a dream and every one in the family was there, so I guess my subconscious is a little excited to talk to you all :) Sounds like Michael is about as amazing as ever! I'll definitely keep him in my prayers as some very exciting opportunities are headed his way.

We have had a good week - not an amazing week, but a good week. Hermana Jones and I have realized that we have been working, but not working as hard as we should be. Getting casual in the work is very easy; we realize that we need to be pushing ourselves every day. Hermana Jones is doing well though (she says "Hi" back, by the way) and is improving a lot. I feel bad, because I realize I'm not the most amazing trainer, but thankfully she is patient with me and I try to be patient with her. Our personalities clash sometimes, but as we focus on our investigators, members, and the work, we do well.

Patricia is progressing well, though we're not sure if she'll be able to be baptized by the 18th, because she is not able to meet with us as often as we would like. Even if she is baptized the next week, I think I'd be able to come back for the baptism. It's not for certain, but I will most likely be leaving Temecula this transfer. I love Temecula, but I am also excited to go somewhere new, as this is the only area I know, and am stoked to learn how the mission functions is other areas.

We had a great Noche de Hogar with Priscilla, Oscar, and Rene and the Vidal family. Priscilla and fam stayed for all 3 hours of church on Sunday and the members are getting a lot more involved with them, which is awesome.

Sadly, I'm already out of time. Sorry, I spent a lot of my Internet time searching for a talk for Patricia on LDS.org. I'll be talking to you in a few days though, so if I've left anything out, I'm sure you'll hear it by then.

I love you loads. I know this Gospel is true, with all my heart. I wish it was easier to help people see the truth, but things of worth are never easy. I love my Savior and I am grateful for His help in the work. I'll see you on Sunday! Feliz dia de los Madres! Te quiero mucho!

Con Amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante


No comments:

Post a Comment