Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello from Sunny California!


Hi Family!

Sadly, I was unwise and wrote some other people first and now I am out of time, almost. Just an update on some things I didn't mention on Sunday (Skyping with you and everyone was great! I love you all!).

Patricia has been coming to activities but not been able to come to church because of her husband. This of course means that she won't be baptized this weekend, which is pretty depressing. However, she is still progressing great and her faith is growing everyday. She feels the love of the Lord in her life and the peace that the gospel of Christ brings. Hopefully she will be baptized soon and I will be invited to come back for the service. 

To be honest, the branch is having a few problems within the members and the leaders and I believe that is why Patricia won't be able to be baptized for a while. If the Lord doesn't trust a branch/ward to take care of a new, precious soul, they aren't able to be baptized, for whichever reason. The Elders in our branch have experienced several situations with a progressing investigator that should be baptized and for one reason or another, they can't be. We keep praying and working with the branch though, so that they will be ready to take care of our brothers and sisters soon. 

We had a Noche de Hogar last night with the Villa/Sanchez family and Rene taught the lesson! It was interesting...but great! Haha. He is so awesome and his testimony is growing every day. As for weather, sorry to let you know, but 102 (in Ramona, CA)  is a little off. According to our thermometer, it hit 110 here in Temecula yesterday. It was great fun! Haha, don't worry. We keep sunscreen in the car because we know we are gueras.

Sounds like you are going to have an amazing trip over in the east! Please tell M,J, & D that I love and miss them very much! I am VERY excited to see pictures of my new nephew next week! Sadly, I think my card reader broke, so don't expect pictures anytime soon. No worries, I never remember to take pictures anyway.

I was studying Humility this morning, and what an important Christ like attribute it is. To be willing to do what the Father wants of us, and trusting in the strength and support of the Savior, instead of our own. I love the quote Hermana Jones told me this week that is something along the lines of... "Any two people can do ANYTHING! As long as one of them is the Lord.”  How true that is, He loves us and wants to help us, it is only our own pride that gets in the way.

Well, I love you all so much, and hopefully Skyping made up for this short email. Love you!!
Te quiero mucho!

Con amor,
Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante

No comments:

Post a Comment