Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day!


My Missionary Commission

by Elder Bruce R. McConkie


I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!


Well, tonight I will be set apart as a full time missionary. It's very exciting, but also a little nerve-racking. I'm still not packed, nor do I feel "ready", but I probably won't feel that way until I'm six months in. 
Thanks for everyone who came to my farewell talk and also to the farewell party last night. I'm grateful to have so many friends, family, and loved ones in my life. You mean a lot to me. 
I want everyone to know that I love my Savior and I am excited to share His gospel. I want to teach people that they are children of God, that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them, and that they can return to His presence by the grace and love of Jesus Christ. We accept our Savior through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end full of faith and love. 
Yo se que Jesuchristo se mi Salvador. Los amo a todos ustedes.
Con cariño y amor,
Hermana Escalante 

P.s. Write me!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats lyssa....I will miss u. I will write u every week.

    ReplyDelete