Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Thursday, October 18, 2012

13 de Octubre

Querida Mamita,
Hoy dia es “P-day.” Pero tenemos solo un medio dia esta semana. Next week we will be able to email, so expect to hear from me on Friday. Aside from being really tired & overwhelmed, things are going well. I feel like I’ve been here much longer than 3 days.
I might have already said this in my last letter, but the days in the MTC are so very long. I feel like they go on forever. However, I also feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Thankfully, I was able to sleep last night. My first night I only slept an hour Y the 2nd night I got maybe 4 or 5 hours. Last night I got a good 7 hours but I seem to be much more tired today. I wish to take a nap very much, but you don’t do that here (unless you’re sick).
The MTC is hard mom, it really is. And to be honest, I have little-to-no faith in myself to be able to do this & do this well. The nice thing is though, that I do have faith in the Lord continuing His work. If I am obedient, He won’t let my flaws and imperfections get in the way of gathering His sheep. I just need to be diligent & faithful.
How is home? How is work/classes? Please send me the following items (when you can – no rush) Rice Krispies treats, the family picture, a lingerie bag (for laundry), dark nylons (mine got ruined already), and a hoodie. I think my green pull-over sweater is in my laundry basket in my room.
Please write me more…it’s really comforting to receive letters. It helps one feel loved during this extremely overwhelming time.
I love you,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment