Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hola!


Hi Everyone!

Mom, I'm glad you did end up emailing to me, instead of just putting [your letter] on my blog. I would have been pretty bummed if I didn't receive an email from you. No, Ariana didn't write me, but that's probably because I'm a terrible sister and never write her back and when I do it's really short. I don't know how I run out of time so quickly! I actually have an hour, not 30 min, but that also includes reporting Key Indicators, writing President, and trying to catch up in responding to emails from friends from several weeks ago. There just never seems to be enough time.

HOW IS EMILY?! Is she okay? I had no idea she had any problems with health that would keep her from serving. What's wrong? Will she be able to go back to Estonia or will she be serving the remainder here in the states? If she does, tell the Prophet to send her to Carlsbad, Spanish-speaking please. Thank you J I'll definitely keep her in my prayers though!

Congrats Wesley! I'm so proud of my brother in the Guard! May 15th, huh? They couldn't bump it up so I could see the baby by Mother's day? Ha-ha, just kidding. I love the name though. It's absolutely fantastic!

Glad to receive the note from Chris and all the awesome projects he's involved in! J I'm confused...his stuff is in Cali but he's still in Utah? When will he be heading out here then? We have been loving the music though, J thanks again!

I did get a letter from Zach actually. He wrote mostly in Spanish and it's awesome that I can understand all of it J I feel like my Spanish has really taken a step up since Hermana Ruiz left. I've really had no choice actually, seeing as Hermana Jones knows less than I do. Glad to hear that Zach is doing well though in his new job and everything. Hopefully I'll be able to write him back soon, but I'm already behind on letters as it is. I've yet to write Kimi, Paris, Danae, Gloria, Sam, and Cody. Ugh. Too many people to write. I'll get there though. At least I write you every week, right? ;)

It's been a good week. Nothing too extreme, just a little slow. We found a new family and they are awesome, though they will be returning to Mexico in 2 months. Hopefully we can help them embrace the gospel before then though. We have been running into a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses lately and so I've been trying to better understand them and where they are coming from with their beliefs.

We will be having Intercambios tomorrow, and I was really hoping they would be with Hermana Schwegler again ;) but Hermana Jones will be going to Vista with Hermana Inman (one of the sister's that came out with me) and I will be staying here with Hermana Eskeets (Hermana Schwegler just finished training her. So none of us have a lot of experience, but we are excited to be learning together.

Patricia is doing well and we are really excited for her baptism next month. Maria has decided she wants to be baptized (finally!) but she does not want to set a date yet. The big obstacle for her is her family, and she wants to work with them a little more before she takes this step. Hopefully we can help her understand soon that she doesn't need to wait, but she can be an example to her family now and that the Lord will bless her for her faith.

As for Mother's day, I have no clue where we'll be or when. Maybe we can figure that out this week. I was actually hoping to only talk to family for a little bit and just having a mommy-daughter talk for the majority of the time. Would that be ok? Of course I want to see the fam as well, but maybe we could split it half and half or something? I just want to talk with my mama on mother's day, you know?  J  

Well, I wrote back a few more friends this week so I'm already out of time. I'm going to try to upload a few pictures but this new Gmail is weird, so we'll see how it goes.


Haha, I love this! thanks Papi!


Elder Holmes! Favorite Zone Leader ever! He's the best! We match :)



Elder Call! He was in my first District. He's so hilarious. Ah...good times :)



Ok, I think it worked! Thanks mami! You're the best! I sure do love you and am excited for your email next week! Keep being amazing!
I know our Savior lives and this is His work! LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante

P.S. Oh yeah! We had Stake conference this week and it was super good! A lot better than most Stake conferences. Hopefully I'll remember to share more next week. Sorry this is short. I love you and tell all of my family I love them too! CIAO!


No comments:

Post a Comment