Write to Alyssa at:

Mission Address:
Sister Alyssa Nicole Escalante

California Carlsbad Mission

451 W Bobier Dr

Vista, CA 92083


Monday, January 27, 2014

Two Transfers to Go - Awkwarded!

Hey Everybody,

Not a lot going on this week, so I'll try to keep this short so I can have time to attach a few pictures. This Internet is so slow, it's painful really, but I'll probably be here for the next 12 weeks, so I'll just have to deal with it.

Things are going fine. We have actually been dropping a lot of our investigators, so we are no longer teaching the Lopez family (they are wonderful and will hopefully be more ready to progress in the future, but at this point, things aren't going anywhere). Luis is doing great though and will be baptized in two weeks.

Hermana Painter and I will both be staying here for another transfer. Yep, that means I'm not training. I was pretty disappointed at first, especially because everyone in their dog thought/was telling me I was going to train, my District Leader and Zone Leaders included. Even after training calls were passed and I didn't get the call, some still thought I was going to be training. But that's okay. I have already trained 3 times, which is a lot. The other sisters who came out with me have both only trained once, so I feel pretty blessed and realize that if I was supposed to be training, I would be, so it's okay.

I don't know yet, but I hope Hermana Bennett is training this transfer, that would make my day! Hermana Jones emailed me this week and she's training, plus Sister Johnson is training, so if all three of my baby girls were training, I would be such a happy, proud mama J I know, missionary lingo is strange. I am actually pretty excited to see how this transfer goes. This will be my first transfer not training or greenie-breaking, so that's fun.

Hermana Painter and I are not (now?) officially co-senior companions, so that's fun. We just moved into our new apartment (we traded with the English Elder's because the Mazur's son comes home in two weeks) and we quite like it. I feel like living with members I get lazier, and I feel much more focused in our own apartment. Our apartment is in a great location too, so we love being much closer to everything. Though Hermana Painter and I don't always get along 100% of the time, we are getting along quite well and more consistently and we are definitely learning to compromise more. It should be a good transfer.

Tell me about this Peru trip!! Not that I'm trunky or anything...but I would love to go! Actually, did you say it was with the University? If I have a choice to go with UVU or Heartwalk Foundation, I'd rather go with the latter because if I go to Peru I want to go to Ocongate and visit Berta and family! However, all of that being said.... I will probably be broke when I get home, so maybe whichever is cheaper for me. I'm not getting trunky, but I do have to figure out what I'm doing when I get home, it's advised actually, to start figuring that stuff out your last 2 transfers.

No worries about the Christmas card, it's not a big deal. That's exciting about Chelsea and baby! And I'm glad to hear they are both doing well and healthy even though he was early. Tell Jodi to not be early though, so I can be there for it J

Yes, We are working in the Spanish branch in the Stake, so geographically it covers the whole stake. We split it with the Elders though, so we just cover one side of the I215. I'm glad the washer is fine. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Hermana Painter is still not doing too great, and we can't figure out why. She will call the nurse today, hopefully. Did I mention last week that she drank Strawberry-kiwi juice and I got to stab her with the epi-pen? She's allergic to both strawberries and kiwis. It wasn't pure juice, more like a mix, so it wasn't too bad, but her throat was feeling itchy and puffy and she was getting nervous so she was going to use her pen but was too nervous so I got to do it for her - it was fun. J She's fine though.

Forgive me if I'm horribly awkward when I get home. I didn't think I would be, but the other day I was talking with a young man in the street (young...like 17 probably) and he started hitting on me and asked if we could "hang out sometime". Usually I probably would have laughed over such a thing, but it made me feel so uncomfortable! I handed him a card and just walked away, ha-ha I'm just a wuss I guess. But it was very weird, and made me realize that I have been on my mission for a long time now.

Well, I only have a few more minutes, so I'm going to try to attach some pictures. Include whatever you'd like in the Ward Banner, but most importantly, add in the part about me being awkwarded out by men...ha-ha, just kidding ;)

Love you lots and lots!

Hermana Alyssa Nicole Escalante
Got to see Alfredo while on exchanges in Escondido. J He made me a rose, ha-ha!
Exchanges with Escondido Hermanas

Guard turtle - better than a guard dog!

Service - taking down Christmas lights in the park

Exchanges with Winchester Sisters

Endure to the End game we made for Allen. J (A recent convert about 9-10 yrs. old)

Lunch at IHOP for district activity

No comments:

Post a Comment